Export to Excel and FMP Go Support

This topic is 4244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Afternoon everyone,

Ok.. got a good one for you guys. My project is displayed on the iPad for my users. The file is housed on a Mac using FM Server Advanced 8 (i know...need to upgrade)

I want to export information to an Excel file from a script on the iPad to one path, but use a variable name.

I have the script finally grabbing the data that I want, now I want to export it out to Excel. I have a script built that is the following:

Set Variable [$filename; Value:request_db::_request.customer.info & "_" & Get (CurrentDate)]

Copy (Select; requests_db::_k_id_unique.request]

Go to Layout ["ink" (ink_db)]

Enter Find Mode []

Paste [select; ink_db::_k_id_unique.ink]

Perform Find []

Save Records as Excel [Restore; "$filename & ".xlsx""; Auto open; Records being browsed]

Show All Records

Got to Layout [original layout]

So here is the problem... the path in the Save records is my issue... if my file is hosted by FMP Server Advanced on a Mac... how do i get it to save to a shared volume on my network?

Remember.... triggering the script from an iPad... so those users can want to grab the file later, not pop up on the iPad....

1. Is this possible?

2. If I set the criteria to attach to an email instead... is that possible from the ipad?

3. How do I properly script the path in this situation if I just save the file to a location, not emailing...

4. Is my script antiquated and full of fluff I dont need?

Ok... i think that is all...

Thanks for any and all advice.

Blake

This topic is 4244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.