Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jmh3142

Scripts not working after creating Custom Plugin

Recommended Posts

I have a set of scripts and a jar file (containing a variety of 3rd party jars) which are fully working when using them in the ScriptMaster.fp7 environment and when I use them in a sample database I created to test things out further. However after I generated the plugin using the Advanced version, I cannot get the scripts to work at all.

When I go to Edit|Preferences|Plug-ins, I can see the plug-in and when I hit configure I see the license key, etc and that information is all correct. I can also see the functions properly when I look at the external functions. I'm also calling the "Register" function for my plug-in which I have setup as a script that gets triggered when my sample database gets opened.

There are several scripts in the jar file, one of them for example, reads a configuration properties file and returns a value from that file. When I run it with just the version that uses the custom plug-in, it returns "?". However, in the ScriptMaster.fp7/Non-plug in sample database version it works fine.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I understand you correctly you can see the function in the list of external functions but when you call it in script it is returning a "?" instead of a value. Have you tried running this using the script debugger or used error checking? To do error checking correctly you can conditionally check for a value of "ERROR" being returned from the plugin function call and conditionally calling the LastError function for a better description of the issue.

It is possible the data in the field is accurate and FIleMaker is only displaying a "?" due to something like a number value being to big to display. Using the Script Debugger and Data Viewer would bypass this and allow you to see the actual data in each step of the script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to resolve the issue. I think the issue was that had declared my groovy scripts to have package names declared, once I removed those and regenerated the plug-in everything starting working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.