Sign in to follow this  
Matt Klein

Unable to set Disk Cache Flush in FMS Admin 11

Hi All -

I have a scary issue at one of my clients. FileMaker Server 11.0.3.309 installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit server with 32GB RAM. The problem is that FMS Admins Console will only allow me to set the Cache Flush distribution interval to 22:00. Any time I try to change it, it simply reverts back to 22:00. This is a scary thing as a LOT of data can entered in 22 hours and lost if it's not flushed to disk.

The cache size was set to 500MB. I set it now to 40MB to minimize potential loss. Does anyone have any idea what I can do about this? Is reinstalling FMS my best bet?

I would first check to make sure that its not a refresh issue for the admin console (check Java version). Then try and reinstall. I would also turn on Performance Monitor to check the make sure there is nothing going on with your hardware.

I would first check to make sure that its not a refresh issue for the admin console (check Java version). Then try and reinstall. I would also turn on Performance Monitor to check the make sure there is nothing going on with your hardware.

Hi John -

Thanks for the reply! The server has Java 6v24 on it. Any alarms with that version?

Also, what should I be looking for in the Performance Monitor? I have not delved this deeply into FileMaker Server. Normally, our clients IT folks handle that. This customer needs a little more help than usual and I'd like to help them out.