FileMaker Server Advanced 12 - Fundamentals

This topic is 4221 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

by Matt Petrowsky

minutes

Setting up a FileMaker server instance is one of those tasks you may only do "once in a while". It's simply not one of those things you do on a daily basis. However, knowing what the process is, and some of the details behind how the whole "Server Client" thing works, is certainly beneficial.

In this almost hour long video, I talk about my recent experience with setting up a new FileMaker 12 Advanced server and cover some of the benefits and "need to know" information about the process. If you're a developer, and you develop on your local machine, then using the developer licensed version of FileMaker Server Advanced, at only $99, can provide some great benefits - even if it's "just you".

If you've ever wondered about setting up a FileMaker server, or you'll be pursuing FileMaker certification, then this video should have some good details to chew on. I cover permissions, troubleshooting and initial setup.

Also, with the advent of FileMaker 12's new support for external containers, the knowledge behind permissions and how FileMaker server hosts this information is insightful. Especially if you've not already investigated this new feature of FileMaker 12.

If you have additional information about using FileMaker Server then feel free to add to the comments on this post!

Details: Released - 9/6/2012 / Size - 137.76 MB / Length - 54 min

View the full article

This topic is 4221 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.