Server Maintenance This Week. ×

remote connection again

mallikai

This topic is 8083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i had posted a similar question before but i'm thinking I did not phrase it properly...

I have a windows xp computer running filemaker 5.5. I have a local area network where I host a bunch of files for the office people.

I'm having a heck of a time being able to connect from home to the computer. I can connect via web companion by typing the ip address in a web browser...but I would like to be able to connect with my filemaker program at home so the interface would be the same...

i have tried with or without the firewall...i am very confused as to the setup i'm supposed to do...

where am i supposed to open port 5003? i don't have a router..i have a dsl modem and I use a hub to connect a few computers to it...

any help would be appreciated (i'm not very good with internet connections)

thanks

if the dsl modem is connected directly to the hub then it most probably has routing capability.

You need to configure the dsl modem to forward incoming requests on port 5003 to the computer running filemaker.

Mine has a web browser interface from which I can configure NAT (port forwarding) on port 5003.

All this needs to be done at the work end, then using the open hosts from home with your work IP number should allow access, unless a firewall is blocking access at either end.

This topic is 8083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.