Can't run re-login script on FMPServer hosted DB due to access privileges

Tom R.

This topic is 4221 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I'm having an issue with running a script in an .fmp12 file hosted on FileMaker Server 12. The file uses external authentication, but also has an FMP authenticated "dev" account with full access priveleges. I created a script that has the Re-login script step in it so that I can switch back and forth between externally authenticated accounts and the Dev account.

When I have the file saved on the desktop, the script works fine; I can switch back and forth between the Dev account and the FMP authenticated test account with limited access privileges I created. (the test account uses the identical privilege set as the externally authenticated accounts on the server.) But when I move the file to FMP Server and try to run the script, I get the error, "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action." I have the script set to run with full access privileges.

I'm not sure where to start trouble shooting this. It's odd, because the exact same script works properly in a separate FMP Server hosted file I developed a while back.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

FMPServer is running on a Windows server. I believe the file was uploaded manually (as was the earlier file where the script was working). I actually didn't do it; our sole IT guy has the keys to the server, so to speak. I'm trying to change that, though, so I can handle the server end of things myself.

When you refer to the console, I assume you mean the FMP Server console rather than a windows command console (or Mac terminal or console)?

This topic is 4221 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.