Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Networking

Taylormade

This topic is 8525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I run a small Mac network using FM4 and TCP/IP and would like to connect a PC laptop to it. But although your'e supposed to be able to find Hosts on the PC I get a blank box. Checking with the Windows 98 Help, Network Troubleshooting I'm told to contact my network supervisor ?. Can anyone tell me the settings I'd need to configure this machine. I've used TCP/IP address 192.168.0.x and the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 but what are bindings?

quote:

Originally posted by Taylormade:

I run a small Mac network using FM4 and TCP/IP and would like to connect a PC laptop to it. But although your'e supposed to be able to find Hosts on the PC I get a blank box. Checking with the Windows 98 Help, Network Troubleshooting I'm told to contact my network supervisor ?. Can anyone tell me the settings I'd need to configure this machine. I've used TCP/IP address 192.168.0.x and the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 but what are bindings?

Start by verifying a proper network connection.

Is there an easy way to do this, such as internet access, or access to a network printer or file server?

If you do not have any of the above you can try to "ping" the Filemaker Server. Goto the DOS command line and type ping <IP address of server>. If this is ok, then you at least have a TCP/IP connection.

You can try to put the IP address of the server directly into the box, rather than having Filemaker scan the network.

Also make sure that you hosted files are set to multi-user.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.