Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM11 to FM12 Conversion Problem MAJOR

DLC

This topic is 4200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

After converting a large 45 file solution I noticed that many of the External Data Sources were missing so I corrected them in each file using Manage External Data Sources.

I then noticed that with my files open, many of them had truncated Window Tittles.

My naming Standard is S.A. Attendance ect, now many have been truncated to just S.A

The HUGE problem is that many of the Relationships are broken. When I open some files they bring up the password dialog to open related files that are already open. If I enter the password and hit OK it says the file is in use (because it is already open) If I cancel the open box and look at the relationships the Table Occurrence for that file is there but it is grayed out and say's file missing.

To make this even weirder, I can go to another user workstation and look at the same Table Occurrence in the same file on the network and it is perfectly fine. What the heck is going on?

So far the only thing that fixes it is to completely delete the External Data Reference and Table Occurrence and then recreate them. That is virtually impossible in a solution as large as mine as each one is referenced in hundreds of scripts so they would need to be repaired. I have 2 or 3 broken relationships in each of the 45 files so this is a daunting problem.

FYI, I read in the conversion manual that file names should no longer contain periods so I removed them and reconverted but it made no difference.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I can find nothing in google..

• 4 weeks later...

Dear DLC,

I would suggest that you register to be a FileMaker Technical Network member (which is FREE) and download the FileMaker 12 standalone converter at:

For Mac User, http://fmdl.filemaker.com/maint/emea_fba_ftn/fm12_standalonedbconverter_osx.zip

For Win User, http://fmdl.filemaker.com/maint/emea_fba_ftn/fm12_standalonedbconverter_win.zip

Hope that the dedicated converter does help!

Regards,

Omega Goh

Speedy Scaleable Solutions

www.speediDB.com

[email protected]

This topic is 4200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.