Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sync Failure After Making First Offline Edit

This topic is 4214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have configured MirrorSync successfully to the point where I can run a complete initial sync of the local database. I can run this multiple times successfully.

However, as soon as I make a single change to (seemingly) any table, I receive the following error (I paraphrase slightly, cannot remember precisely):

"Field names pasted from MirrorSync do not match those actually in the table mytable "

In other words, it's telling me that the automatically generated script steps are not generating the correct field names which match the master database, thus the sync cannot happen.

Some thoughts / observations from troubleshooting:

- I am using the trial version at the moment under OS X 10.7 (server) and OS X 10.8 (client) running FMP v11

- I have tried syncing with just a single table and with multiple - I get the error on the first table in which a change is detected. So, the sync process successfully skips over tables in which there is no change, it fails and throws the error as soon as it encounters a table which has changed.

- I have tried removing all Primary Key / Foreign Key mappings in the setup procedure, makes no difference.

- I have ensured that none of my ID fields are on "Prohibit modification". Also tried them all with Prohibit. No change.

- All of my core tables begin with numbers e.g 010_customers / 020_sales etc... I know FileMaker complains about this but I have never had a problem with it. Does MirrorSync not like this?

- If I check the sync scripts, I see a number of field references prefixed and suffixed by /* */ - I do not know what purpose these serve, but it looks to me like a "comment this bit out" flag. Is this the problem?

- I have been running the setup utility on a client Mac rather than the server. Assuming not a problem because the sync succeeds when there are no table changes.

- I had some funny business with the FM Server during setup, whereby occasionally FM Admin Console throws an error reading the database configuration. Also took a few goes to get XML and Web Publishing running. It now appears to be OK - not sure what impact this might have though.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

- If I check the sync scripts, I see a number of field references prefixed and suffixed by /* */ - I do not know what purpose these serve, but it looks to me like a "comment this bit out" flag. Is this the problem?

Hi James - this definitely is a problem. The best way to solve the problem is to send us an empty clone copy of your database. You can upload it to us at http://360works.com/upload (be sure to let us know what username and password to use to look at the MirrorSync script). Also be sure to let us know on the upload page what version of MirrorSync you're running.

This topic is 4214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.