Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS12 Failing on Import to ESS source help!

This topic is 4222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting a server-side script to properly execute on FileMaker Server 12 on 10.6.8.

I have a DSN setup on the server to an SQL database and the FM database works fine when run through FileMaker Pro on the server machine, the scripts run fine too, so this tells me that there is no driver issues when running via FileMaker Pro.

However when FileMaker Server on the same machine runs the script, I receive an error in the logs at each of the import record script steps where it is trying to import data to the external sql source.

My google research doesn't give much of a hint but if I had to guess it is something to do with driver issues. I have installed the actual technologies drivers to setup the DSN so no problems there, and I installed the xDBC drivers that came with the server 12 installation, however no luck so far.

Is this to do with the different 32/64 bit architectures of server & pro and driver issues? DOes anyone have any concrete ways to resolve the issue? I can't find any other drivers by FileMaker or otherwise that might solve the issue.

Cheers!

I have a bit more info - it doesn't seem to be the import step specifically, rather anything that server-side script does that is interacting with an ESS table via layout. I cannot even create a single new record in ESS table via server-side script.

Can anyone definitively say whether working with an ESS just simply doesn't work with a server-side script in 12? My alternative has been to setup a cronjob & applescript to open FM Pro each evening and run the script via Pro.

This topic is 4222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.