Server Maintenance This Week. ×

problem with external authentication

This topic is 4191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are using Active Directory for authentication with our FileMaker Server. When i try to run the sync for the first time it fails on the user authentication.

As an example, I'm setting up a database for a user named "John". John exists in Active Directory and has no problem logging into the database on the server. I've set up the database for syncing and downloaded a copy of the database. I then open the local database as Admin and create an filemaker account for John. I also remove all the external server accounts from the local copy of the database. I do not run the sync script. I then close out of the database. Then i send the database to John.

Now John opens the local database and tries to run the sync for the first time. The sync script asks for his password. John enters his Active Directory password. The script then trys to do something but after 5-10 seconds it pops up a window saying, "Error from server. Authentication failed..." I've tried it using the filemaker admin account and that does work. But i can not get it to work with a user that is authenticating via AD.

I've included a screen shot of the error window. (BTW the last sentence in the error window gets cut off...)

any help would be great as i'm basically stuck now.

thanks

eric

post-107666-0-75965800-1351832988_thumb.

Hello Eric,

One thing to look for is to check John's FileMaker privileges and make sure he's able to access the XML web publishing engine. If this is enabled, then we can try to troubleshoot this further. The only stipulation about using external authentication with MirrorSync is that the username must match in all places, but not necessarily the password.

Please let me know if you need any thing else!

Sarah Mulligan

This topic is 4191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.