Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Yet Another XSL Help Request

Ians

This topic is 4194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

I've had a look around in the forum, but found there is no "XSL generator" as such so I was wondering if someone could help / guide me on generating a XSL sheet to export XML from FMP.

I work at a Video Post Production house, where we have a proprietary tape archive database that can export a timecode list as CSV,

the capturing software we use imports apart from some more exotic formats XML.

It seems quite simple enough after ones first try maybe, but I just don't know where to start.

I've attached a example DB and an example XML capture list from the capturing software.

Any help would be grand

Regards

Ian

Batch List Generator.zip

Could you export your data as XML, using FPMXMLRESULT grammar and no stylesheet, and post it here (preferably zipped)?

The other question is about the TAPENAMELIST that precedes the RECORDLIST: if you really need this, it will take some extra work to collect them from the exported records.

Thanks a lot I'm trying it out, I just noticed that <RECORDLIST> should be:

<RECORDLIST fps="25" timecodewrapping="nowrap">

Can I just add that myself?

If I wanted to make the value of fps variable, What could I add to achieve this, assign a attribute from say COL [7]?

Thanks for the tip about the W3 site it looks very helpful, is there also a kind of "you definitely need this structure for FMP XML import / export" tutorial somewhere?

Thanks also for the modified style sheet, in fact the original stylesheet is perfect as the batches will always come from the same tape each time.

is there also a kind of "you definitely need this structure for FMP XML import / export" tutorial somewhere?

There used to be one in Filemaker Advisor, but I can no longer find it. I suggest you study the file exported as FMPXMLRESULT with no stylesheet. That is your starting point when exporting and also the desired end result when importing.

Thanks also for the modified style sheet, in fact the original stylesheet is perfect

Ah, but the challenge!

This topic is 4194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.