Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Examples of Instant Web Publisher in the Wild?

This topic is 4194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

Is there anywhere I can review examples of FMP IWP "sites" or applications in the wild? I would prefer straight FMP 12-built systems without any use of external programming -- pure IWP.

Why? I have been asked to skin and piece together a rather complex, IMO, FileMaker Pro 12 system from a loose prototype for Instant Web Publishing. I am a front-end developer with PHP, HTML/CSS, and JQuery skills but I am new to FileMaker.

So far, I am having a lot of trouble with the front-end style code that FMP generates. Portal functionality is also giving me trouble.

I've heard of some PHP integration for FMP DBs but I've been asked to just "throw something up" as quickly as possible for this project, with hopes to improve it later.

Can anyone point me towards some FMP IWP "sites" so that I can get a sense of what I could accomplish with this tool?

Thank you!

I don't know of any databases you can preview that use IWP. The only thing I can think of that comes close to this is sample/template databases, like those offered by SeedCode, which might have an IWP-specific interface.

I just built an interface for IWP, and don't think I would use it again for a large/complex system (unless it was read-only, maybe). I had an issue creating transaction-style edits with the toolbar off; due to a few bugs I was not able to do this in all scenarios.

If you're skill-set includes front-end web development, then I would highly recommend using either the FM PHP API or FX.php in a custom web publishing solution. You will have much greater control over the look and feel of the site.

• Like 1

This topic is 4194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.