Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Undesirable space on a layout with no body

Pamps

This topic is 4174 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there!!

Lets see if my english allows me to explain my problem in a proper way!! :)

I have a "list view" layout, where I have three parts: Header, a Sub-summary by Sku (sku= product unique id), and a Trailling Grand Summary (I only use this part to place a footer image basically). No body part, because I only want to show the total quantity and total money that has been sold of a products list.

Here I paste a pic of the layout view Im talking about:

LayoutView.jpg

Well, the problem comes when I show this layout on browse mode. I dont know why it places an undesirable space between the Header part and the Sub-summary part. Here I paste a pic that shows the problem:

BrowseView.jpg

But the most intriguing thing is that it only happens when the list is sorted by the total quantity field or the total money field in a descending order. When I sort it in an ascending order, it just looks fine...

When I sort the list by the product description (ascending or descending order), it also shows that space, but not as big as you can see in the pic. Its like an empty row more or less...

Im not sure if this is a Filemaker bug, or I just can´t do it this way if I only want to show a sub summary part without body in browse mode.

I would definitely appreciate some help here, cause its driving me nuts! Just let me know if more information is needed :)

Thanks in advance...

David

It is hard to tell from the screenshot what exactly is happening.

Version 12 has some problems with this view which were supposed to have been corrected through the recent upgrade. Are you currently using the most recent version of 12?

Perhaps you could attach a copy of your file for others to review.

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "The Presentation LayerLayouts" to "The Presentation LayerCustom Themes in FM12".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hi there!

As Lee mentions on his answer, I only had to update my Filemaker version to the latest one available, in order to make the undesirable space to dissapear.

Thank you very much for the tip Lee. It was driving me crazy!!

This topic is 4174 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.