portals

Yeti

This topic is 8628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not sure this subject belongs in The left brain. Then again: it's mindboggling to me, so I'll give it a try.

I need to be able to search in surnames, so I made a relation between Person and Projects. This works fine, but obviously there are more people with the same surname. So I made a portal to show them all. And this works fine two.

But how do I select the right person from the portal? I believe I need to do this with a script. I tried Set Field, but the data does not appear in the fields I tried to set it to.

Is this because these are related fields?

Could anyone outthere help me out on this?:

Thanks

------------------

Yeti

quote:

Originally posted by Yeti:

I'm not sure this subject belongs in The left brain. Then again: it's mindboggling to me, so I'll give it a try.

I need to be able to search in surnames, so I made a relation between Person and Projects. This works fine, but obviously there are more people with the same surname. So I made a portal to show them all. And this works fine two.

But how do I select the right person from the portal? I believe I need to do this with a script. I tried Set Field, but the data does not appear in the fields I tried to set it to.

Is this because these are related fields?

As a simple measure you can define the fields in the portal row as a button and attach a script to it, which uses the Go To Related Record command, followed by a Perform External Script command to run a script in your other file. You will be on the record you clicked on so you can then use the fields in that record to further drive the scripts.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.