phone number formats

caseyi

This topic is 8629 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was trying to follow the phone number scripting in email 6/6 ( left Brain re: phone number formating ). It worked when the fields are not in a portal. When I put the Phone_cal field and the phone text field in the portal it only allows me to put in a record. When I go into the netx phone record, it says" field is not modifiable". Also, the appearance of the format were not consistent, the brackets and dashes disappear, and I have to click a few times to have them show up again. What's wrong here?

quote:

Originally posted by caseyi:

I was trying to follow the phone number scripting in email 6/6 ( left Brain re: phone number formating ). It worked when the fields are not in a portal. When I put the Phone_cal field and the phone text field in the portal it only allows me to put in a record. When I go into the netx phone record, it says" field is not modifiable". Also, the appearance of the format were not consistent, the brackets and dashes disappear, and I have to click a few times to have them show up again. What's wrong here?

Formatted fields in a portal do not get refreshed consistantly. This is a classic problem with portals. It is possible that you have done something funny with the positioning of the fields.

Make sure that your calc field is on top and it NOT enterable. Make is a color fill, so that you cannot see the other field below it.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

now I came across another problem related to printing when I put the new phone formats in. My portals are set up in such a way taht there are 2 rows of fields within the portal. With the new phone formats, it seems that the fields and data below the phone fields do not print, though I could see them in both the browse mode and the preview mode. They are all within the portal boundaries. What's happening here?

Printing Portals is a problem with FileMaker. Try to print the related info you want in the related file where the portal info is located. Hopefully FileMaker will address the issue of printing portals, but as of now it's not very reliable.

I hope that's helpful.

Later,

Paul :-)

This topic is 8629 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.