Tracking Record Views

This topic is 8623 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

quote:

Originally posted by idiotmachine:

Can a record internally track the number of times it has been veiwed without the use of scripts???

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

I.M.

Every way I can think of uses scripts in some way.

Chuck

CLARIFICATION:

Ok, here's what im trying to do. Basicaly it is a kiosk that plays about 100 quicktime movies. When inactive i want it to fire up a movie via a calculation directly related to the # of record views. I need to be able to track record views to create things like a "top ten" or insert a calculation that will play movies that have not been found. (not exactly why the Boss specified "no scripts"), but I'm open to anything.

quote:

Originally posted by idiotmachine:

CLARIFICATION:

Ok, here's what im trying to do. Basicaly it is a kiosk that plays about 100 quicktime movies. When inactive i want it to fire up a movie via a calculation directly related to the # of record views. I need to be able to track record views to create things like a "top ten" or insert a calculation that will play movies that have not been found. (not exactly why the Boss specified "no scripts"), but I'm open to anything.

Filemaker cannot take any actions without the use of scripts or direct user interaction. You can calculate all day and the DB will just sit there.

Secondly FMP cannot even start using scripts until some user action has occured (like pressing a button), without the use of a plugin, like ScriptScheduler (by Troi?) or Applescript/WinBatch.

Start with a field for NumberofViews, then you can use the GetSummary calc and possibly a set of relationships to find the top ten, then do something which selects the movie to play.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8623 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.