Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SCDelete Error 500

This topic is 4137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

More information.  I can create a web object that correctly displays the image and shows the Delete button.  Clicking the Delete button causes the same 500 error.  I have checked the permissions from the root of the C drive down to the enclosing folder and everyone has permission.  I am not understanding how the file can be uploaded and displayed but cannot be deleted.  All messages indicate the enclosing folder "does not exist"

Hey there,

There could be a number of things in play here:

1. First off, I would recommend avoiding the use of file names as your SuperContainer folder path. Instead of:

/All Scans/3211-Registration.jpg

Use:

/All Scans/1

with the file 3211-Registration.jpg uploaded to that SC folder.

2. Are you running the latest version of BOTH SuperContainer server and the Companion plugin? This is critical to ensuring uploads, downloads, and deletions work.

3. Did you set your base URL to the correct machine containing the file to delete? This is probably a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised at how many instances I've seen this occur.

- Make sure if you're running the server on port 8020, you've set your base URL to this as well.

Signed,

Thanks but there are 46,000 image in the All Scans folder.  I have no problem viewing or uploading files.  Just deleting.  All ports are correct, Base URL works because the upload works.  It appears that SC has been designed to allow upload, download and display using the file path method but not delete?  Anybody at 360 reading this forum?

This topic is 4137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.