Selling Apps that run on FileMaker Go

This topic is 4108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Now that FileMaker Go is free, I'm wondering what the best method is to sell apps that run on FileMaker go. I know that there are tools (GoZync) that allow a developer to automate the updating process once the app and FileMaker Go is installed. Is anyone aware of anyone who is selling such apps? I'm interested in how the initial sale is made. Any help you can pass along will be appreciated.

If you wish to "Sell" your apps that run on FMGO you are welcome to upload your file here - on FMForums, as a developer you can set your price point

and we can handle the transaction, and forward the proceeds to you (after a 30% of sale - Apple AppStore model  ) 

If you upload your file (un zipped ) an end user on IOS device would be able to purchase the file and download it directly to their device ( sans computer)

Users can't download until after the sale.

If you would like to see a demo let me know -

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hi

Just the question I had, and I'm glad there is at least SOME answer. 

Please forgive my ignorance (I'm new to developing and this forum) but it seems to me this forum (as a point of distribution for apps) is going to have much narrower appeal than something like Itunes.  Don't get me wrong, I think the forum is just the resource I really need because I'd like to learn to develop apps.  However Itunes, of course, makes an app available to zillions of non-technical users who might want an app while the forum seems likely to only appeal to a much smaller audience. 

I'd have to think a significant majority of app purchases are impulse buys "since it only costs a couple of bucks", while to find something here, a buyer would have to be actively looking for it.

Am I missing something?  Is there a way I can use FileMaker and FileMaker Go to develop an app and make it available to the HUGE potential user base of MAC/IPAD/Iphone users?

Thanks for your patience with the new guy.  Just trying to make a buck ya know!

Also - any advice as to how to get the practical experience (books, self study kits,) I need to increase my skills would also be much appreciated.

Thanks again

This topic is 4108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.