Is FileMaker Go the right solution for previewing video files

This topic is 4113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

CONTEXT

I want to allow my customers to preview video files I've recorder for not more than 15 seconds. After that time the customer is to be prompted with "Buy" or "Not interested".

The video clips I am loading are 60, 90, 120 or 260 seconds long and It is important that the client does not see the entire clip. This is why I am want to set it up 15 to seconds.

The solution I have to build must calculate the time the video is playing. When the 15 second is over the viewing stops.

The choice I believe I have are the following :

- build my own iPad apps with IOS;

- build a solution with FileMaker Pro advance using FileMaker Go on the iPad.

mp4 files can go from 35mb to 150mb. I sometime have up to 10 video sequence files that need to be loaded and HAVE TO BE accessible for previewing 8 to 10 MINUTES AFTER FILMING.

TIME is the number one constraint for me.

- Time to empty the SDHC card;

- Time to convert MPEG to mp4 format;

- Time to upload the converted video files on the database system ( is it better to load the video files itself or only use the directory path as a reference)

- Time to preview the video files

- Time to make the order

- Time to provide the video files to the client (iPad, USB key or DVD)

Between the time I empty the video card onto my computer and the time I allow customer to preview their videos I only have 10 minutes at max (empty, convert and upload).

Before starting any development I am looking for advise as what would be the best approach. Is FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go the right solution for what I want to do?

If FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go the right solution I've intended to use FMP 12.

Many thanks, with regards!

Daniel

This topic is 4113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.