Another filtered list in portals problem

Pat

This topic is 4110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For some reason, filtered lists give me more trouble that just about anything. And they appear to be such a basic thing that I am frustrated that it eludes me. The technet manual hasn't done anything to clarify it so I turn for help to you guys/gals.

Here is my problem.  I have a product table, products have a category(either A or B in a field called productCategory. On my invoice entry layout (based on the Invoice table), I have a portal showing the invoice line items (based on the InvoiceLineItem table; relationship is Invoice :: InvoiceLineItems based on Invoice ID). I would like to have the productID field display only products based on a category, for example, only A products. This way, they don't have to look at the full list of products. Then, if they want to select from B products, they could select from only B products. What is the simplest way to do this?

I have tried many things, many different relationships in the value list window, until I'm practically cross-eyed. Did I mention that I am not getting something very fundamental about this?  Arghh!

Thank you for any assistance!

This topic is 4110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.