using a value list to modify a field & send info to related d-base

hozej

This topic is 8466 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a filed titled Res_Status. The field is a value list with the options (booked & canceled). Depending on the users choice, it will update a field on the same layout titled Status. The Status field is also a value list with the options (sent to client or removed from client). It will also send or remove information from a related d-base.

Example: If Res_Status is (booked) the information for that record will be sent to the clients d-base & the Status field will be changed to (sent to client) If Res_Status is (canceled) the information for that record will be removed from the clients d-base & the Status field will read (removed from client).

This is just one of about five tasks that have put me at a dead end every time I go around the block. The help section of FMP5 is no help & the FMP5 bible helps, just not with this.

• Newbies

OK, I will give it a shot.

How can I use a value list to trigger a message (depending on the word chosen from the value list), that will cause a specific phrase to result in another field on the same layout ?(depending on the users response to the message) It also has to copy an identification number from the original record, create a new record in a separate d-base then past the ID number in the ID field on the new record. This will trigger a lookup back to the original record. The ID number will also be the relationship for other fields on the new record.

This topic is 8466 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.