Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Server 11 DMP

This topic is 4082 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All,

I recently ran into a problem with a FileMaker Server 11 installation that is running on Windows 2008 R2. After restarting the host server to apply updates users ran into problems connecting to the FileMaker Server. To troubleshoot further I looked into the FileMaker Server log, which strangely enough was missing about 5 hours of information. I looked around further and also noticed that the FileMaker Server had created a .dmp file in the logs folder about the time this all happened. This left me wondering what that file contains and whether or not it was a coincidence that it was created at that time. So I have a couple of questions that I have listed below I would love to have answered.

What does that .dmp file contain?

What triggers the creation of that .dmp file?

Should I be looking into the .dmp file for some answers to this?

How or what can I use to look at the contents of the .dmp file?

Thanks for your time,

Rich

The DMP file file contains debug information.  If you open a support ticket with FMI they will ask you to send it in.  Like most dump files it contains the state of the application at the time of the crash.  Nothing you can use to reveal what is in it, it's for FMI use only...

Any internal error may create a DMP file.  Frequently with FMS11 it is a symptom of the thread lock issue that is fixed with 11v5.

This topic is 4082 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.