Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problems setting up IWP - help please!

This topic is 4083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone, 

I'm new at this IWP thing and need some help.   I'm setting this up on a laptop which is where I have my FM databases.   I can open them up online from the same laptop on which I set them up.   However, I can't seem to open them up on any other computer.   I'm hoping this is just a simple solution.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, when I have tested how this would work on the one laptop that I can use for it, I'm finding that I don't have a scroll bar to scroll through information that I'm looking for.   I can click the mouse and it will advance the names I'm looking through; however, when you have over 2000 names in the database, this is not the most efficient way of doing it.

Again - any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

dmcsinger1, on 01 Mar 2013 - 08:06, said:

I can open them up online from the same laptop on which I set them up. However, I can't seem to open them up on any other computer.

Do you have a firewall on your laptop?

dmcsinger1, on 01 Mar 2013 - 08:06, said:

I'm finding that I don't have a scroll bar to scroll through information that I'm looking for. I can click the mouse and it will advance the names I'm looking through; however, when you have over 2000 names in the database, this is not the most efficient way of doing it.

It sounds like you are referring to list view. IWP is limited to 20-something records in list view at at time; no scroll bar like in FileMaker Pro. You can also use next/previous buttons on the toolbar to 'scroll' through records.

Another option is to use a portal instead of list view - which will give you a scroll bar. Just be careful how much data it contains because you have to download the entire set of portal records before you can view the page.

This topic is 4083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.