pop-up list trouble with numbers and text

macavity

This topic is 4091 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. Has anyone else observed this in FM12?

I have a pop-up value list on a number field. The value list inserts a record number, but displays a second field, which is a text field. The text in the second field is interspersed with numbers. As long as the total number of digits in the second field is less than 9, everything works as expected. If there are nine or more digits, however, wherever they are located and even though intermixed with letters, the field only displays the numbers themselves, without the intervening letters.

The pop-up list looks correct, but the selected text changes into a string of numbers in the actual field.

Is there any explanation for this strange behaviour?

Thanks for the suggestion. I double-checked, though I couldn't imagine it could be anything else (since the text appears in its original field elsewhere). It is a simple text field, not even a calculation. The text is entered by the user.

I didn't mention that the field with the value list is in a portal, though I don't see how that makes a difference. The oddity is the nine digit thing. It works correctly every time as long as there are fewer than nine digits, and it never works as soon as there are nine anywhere within the text.

Ah.  Yes.  It is a bug.

It happens with pop-up in 12.0v3 on Windows; I had discovered it few weeks ago.  If you go to the field and change it to 'as entered' in Data > Data formatting then it will correct itself.  It does this when creating pop-up using ID as first value also.

added blue

Edited by LaRetta

This topic is 4091 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.