Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiple Languages in Runtime

This topic is 4070 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am sorry for posting here, but I can't seem to find the option for starting a new post!!  Please direct this where it needs to go...

I have a runtime application (FM 12)  that has the System Formats turned on.  

My currency fields are defined with 2 decimal places and using a comma separator for thousands and a decimal separator for cents.

I created a global field where the user can select currency symbol.

Here is my problem:

My currency fields are not using the correct System Formats. 

I have some clients in Belgium where currency is displayed as 1.234,56 and in South Africa where the currency format is 1 234,56

If I take out the decimal and comma separators in the field definition, but retain the "2 decimal positions", I get this:  123,.56

If I take out the comma separator value for thousands, but leave the thousands separator field checked, I get no separator:  1234,.56

If I enter a comma for cents separator and decimal for thousands separator, then I get the correct Belgium format: 1.234,56, but I can't use that for US clients!!

Is there a way to get the Use System Formats to correctly display currency fields?  

It would be a nightmare to try to change every field using a calculation or multiple field formats.

HELP!!!

Matt Petrowsky over at ISO FileMaker Magazine has written about this a few times. Here is a video that may be of help.  Global Variable Localization

Look around and you should find additional video or articles on this subject. This one is marked Free, but I find the membership a fair price for the access you gain to the files and videos.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 4070 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.