Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Change Remote Container Field

This topic is 4045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution where I have placed ALL container field referenced .pdf's into one folder (remember when we used to call them directories?) when I should have used subfolders for each year, i.e., 2011, 2012, 2013, etc.

Is there an "easy" way to change the file paths for each year's pdf files?  Obviously I can move them in Windows, but how do I change their paths in FM11 Pro Advanced?

Thanks,

Kevin

Are these true FM12 remote containers?  If so there is a simple solution:  use Save As and choose the "self contained" option.  This will suck all the remote container data into the real container fields.  With that done, change the base path so that it will properly create the folder structure and then flip the container field back to remote storage

Thanks, Wim, but I now realize that I've posted this in the wrong forum.  I misunderstood what "Remote Container Field" was, not realizing it's a term used in FM12.

I'm using FM Pro 11 Advance.  I have a container field that stores references to pdf files on a server and I would like to move the files to different folders.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but thank you anyway.  Your answer will probably help someone else.

Have a great day.

Kevin

This topic is 4045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.