Importing large XML gives blank error message

This topic is 4065 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We have a setup where we download and import and XML files with bibliographic data every night of the week. On Monday to Saturday we imports the daily change files, while on Sundays we import the entire database to make sure we haven't missed anything during the week. 

The entire database is approximately 600MB and contains about 250 000 records. This import has been working just fine up until we upgraded to FileMaker 12. Now it just gives me a blank error message. There is a yellow triangle with ! inside and no text. This has to be the least helpful error message I've come across so far.

It doesn't matter if I try this manually or do it via script. Same error. The daily updates run just fine, but the big file just won't work.

I am going to try and import it on a different computer to see if the error is replicated there. 

Some specs:

Core i7 /w 16GB RAM

OS X 10.8.3

FileMaker Pro 12

EDIT: Reboot have helped on occasion, but the error returns randomly. 

Try to process the XML with a different XSLT processor like saxon and import the resulting XML file directly. If it's a XML problem you'll get at least a readable error message. My guess is that FileMaker's 32-bit address space is getting very tight. Have a look at activity monitor/memory consumption during import.

This topic is 4065 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.