Layout refresh

This topic is 8348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Does anyone know of a solution to either speed up or prevent a layout (with two portals) from refreshing. This becomes an annoyance to users, as everytime they absolutley do anything in the layout, it refreshes slowly. Or should I say, the refresh is very noticeable. Thanks for your time. null nullcrazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Tony Brown:

Does anyone know of a solution to either speed up or prevent a layout (with two portals) from refreshing. This becomes an annoyance to users, as everytime they absolutley do anything in the layout, it refreshes slowly. Or should I say, the refresh is very noticeable. Thanks for your time.

The answer is...??

What is the real problem? Do you have a slow net connection? Slow refresh video cards? Lots of calculated fields on the layout or portal. Are there lots of records in the file or the portal. Are there big graphics on the layout. Was the layout ever optimized or were elements simply added until it was finished.

Without any real information there is no way to solve the problem. This is like saying that your "...car goes really slow, what can be done?"

• Newbies

Thanks. I appreciate you replying. Vague indeed. The two portals relate to the same database but obviously with different relationships. The relationships are based on a calculation. I assume that this is the real cause of refresh rate being slow. It is not a hardware issue. Without going into alot of detail, I guess the best way to try to solve the problem is best left with myself. Actually I was only looking for some general tips on optimization. Again, thanks.

This topic is 8348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.