Auto Filename Change

4.Pack

This topic is 8323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm currently writing a new part of our databases for remote users (laptops) which on occasion must connect into our system and syncronise with the master database.

Ok so I have got to rename my "remote" user databases, to something else (to stop filemaker opening the wrong files), however all the relationships and scripts (of which there are lots) obviously refer to the old filenames, which I don't want.

Now I'm aware that if Filemaker can't find the file in the relationship or script it will ask to locate it, and I can link it to the new file but when you close filemaker it throws these changes away right, and again if the laptop is plugged back in the network it will pick up all the old filenames (that are being hosted by the server) which I don't want it to do.

So is there anyway of either getting filemaker to keep the new link in or change the filenames from within filemaker so it will go right through all its relationships valuelists and scripts and ammend them accordingly ???????

or is there any other way or extra bit of software that can do it, as I dont fancy the prospect of re-linking all this stuff or does filemker 5.5 do anything more special than 5

Any help or ideas people pleeeeeeease

crazy.gif" border="0

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 8323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.