Container fields

This topic is 3978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have created a database which has questions for trainees. Some of the questions have photos and videos. I have created number of container fields for the same. The database is currently sitting on a server that runs Filemaker server 12. I have filemaker 12 pro advanced on my computer. 

The problem that I am facing is how to make certain videos go to the server. The photos work fine in container field and they are embedded into the database. 

Previously when I used to insert quicktime or .mov files into the container field, the videos were staying on my computer and were not accessible from other computers. Since then after a lot of reading, I have now created the Container field to "Store Externally" in an "Open storage" format. The filepath looks like it is appropriate. There is only one file path and i cannot create a new file path as I do not have that privilege. And within the "Manage Containers" in thumbnails I have selected temporary storage. 

When I insert video into the container field by this method, the video still remains on my computer and does not transfer to the server and is not accessible through other computers. 

Within the inspector field, I have changed the data formatting to "Optimise for interactive content (pdf, mp3 etc)". However since then everytime i try to insert the quicktime video, the container field says "Loading" and I am unable to visualise the video from any computer (including my own computer). 

I dont know what mistake am I making, or if the problem is not the way I am doing it but the fact that the server is not allowing me to transfer videos because it does not provide me the privilege. But having said that I have designed the database myself and have the full privilege for the database itself. 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sanjay

This topic is 3978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.