Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Leveraging HTML Frameworks

This topic is 4013 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

by Matt Petrowsky

minutes

I think I may be right in assuming one of the most under utilized features of FileMaker is the web viewer. Not because it's hard. Rather, because it's a hassle.

When you're using a web viewer for the display of data, you must to be comfortable with knowing a bit of HTML, as well as CSS, in order to achieve the desired look.

Unlike native FileMaker, it's not like selecting a piece of text in Layout mode and simply making it bold and changing the font and color.

The big advantage, however, is the degree of control and interactivity you can exercise within a web viewer.

Not surprisingly, a good percentage of native iOS apps are compiled from the web viewer familiar features of HTML and CSS. If taking advantage of the web viewer is something you've been avoiding, then bypass the hassle of hand crafting your own CSS and go for an existing framework.

Using Twitter's Bootstrap, I show you how easy it is to integrate a very attractive kind of output using web viewers. You can easily integrate into your own FileMaker files in record time!

Details: Released - 5/13/2013 / Size - 145.37 MB / Length - 36 min

View the full article

This topic is 4013 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.