Server Maintenance This Week. ×

transferring secure external containers

This topic is 3997 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone

I'm going to try my question within this forum. I'm at a loss and need some help.

I'm trying to transfer my database to another computer. The db contains secure, external containers, which are contained in different folders depending on the table they're in. I am trying to Save As Copy > Self Contained, however it isn't sucking in the container data. FM is still trying to reference an external source within the new "self-contained" file. I've also tried just moving the entire folder the database and container files are contained in and manually reassigning the folders. I'm getting nothing but "Missing References" comments within my containers. I have several hundred small image files which need to be transferred. It seems I'm going to have to end up re-uploading the images manually into the system, which I'm hoping isn't the case. 

I'm wondering how this Save as Self Contained process works. Does it change the container fields to reference inside of the file? Is there a way to prep the database before Saving as Contained? I'm guessing there's a step I'm missing, but I can't figure it out.

Any advice or tips appreciated :) I'm so close to pulling my hair out.

Figured this one out.

Exported all the data from the working file to individual databases and then re-imported them on the new computer.

This topic is 3997 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.