Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Chronological Line Graphs/reporting where X-axis should be calendar

GisMo

This topic is 3991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm creating a reporting section for sales. I'm charting dollar value of sales on a weekly/monthly basis. To accomplish this, I have a list-view layout with sub summary parts grouped by week and a chart in the header which uses the sorted data. The reporting/charts is working as expected, but for weeks where there are no sales, there obviously no data. When I use a line graph, it doesn't necessarily show accurate chronological history. For instance, If I generate a monthly report from January to May and there were zero sales in February, I want to have February item along the x-axis with a zero value. How can I achieve this? I want a calendar as my x-axis values not the dates from my sales tables. 

Thanks

I also noticed this thread below which gave me some ideas: http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/85099-including-x-values-with-0-data/

I sort of solved it. Using chart with delimited data from two Global Fields. I have a script that loops though the week in a linear fashion and sets the X-values along the way and searches for records that occurred during that week. I grab the summary field with the total sales value for the found set and then move on to the next week. Seems pretty simple. 

This topic is 3991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.