This topic is 3999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

some time ago, I posted this technique called FMSDIFM for FileMaker Server, Do It For Me. Although it was widely discussed and used by FileMaker 'techies', it was too hard to deploy, so we had to keep it for ourselves (the principle was already public but the implementation was only for our hosting services customers).

Since then, we've worked on a simplified version so every one can install it on any FileMaker Server hosted file.

We've been using it for a year, and now we're making it public and free.

I will present a session at Pause On Error Berlin this week about it. If you're coming to Berlin, bring some heavy script of yours that you've been trying to optimize, and I will show you how FMSDIFM can help.

Here is a new video and the download link. Please consider the web page down the link to be the 'official' documentation page, and post your comments here on FM Forums.

The-page-with-a-video-and-everything.

For those who don't know yet what FMSDIFM is about, well, it's the same thing, read the page ;)

Seriously, FMSDIFM is about performing CPU/data-intensive tasks on the server rather than on the client. It improves performance by a factor of several hundreds. Simply hudge! But as you will see, this is only one of the benefits.

This topic is 3999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.