Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Importing records with remote containers

This topic is 3969 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database on server w/ remote containers. I have a development database with updates. I have an updater script that upgrades hosted database  to the new database through scripted import of all records in all 60+ tables. When using remote container fields the links due not import properly, and the new database with imported records no longer has access to remote containers. The import process happens on a copy of  pro advance on the server machine. Any thoughts? Using normal containers works fine, but my solution is picture intensive and the database is growing rapidly. Would love to make the updater work with remote containers.

Thanks!

When you open the live database file in FileMaker Pro on the server, is it hosted by FileMaker Server? Or did you close the file in server?

FileMaker Pro looks for container files in a different place than FileMaker Server, so if you closed it in Server and opened it in Pro to do the import, you would have broken the reference to the container data. It's a different context, but the root issue is the same as discussed here: http://www.mightydata.com/blog/restoring-filemaker-12-backups-with-managed-containers/#comment-18127

Thank you for that link. According to the information there if I download the file first they should stay intact. The next question is whether they stay intact after importing to a new file. I try it out and report back.

This topic is 3969 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.