Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Unable to get FTPeek v1.633 to load in FileMaker 12

This topic is 3970 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having a big issue at a client site with FTPeek v1.633 on Windows XP SP3.  I can't get it to load when FileMaker starts up.   The following error keeps getting thrown:

360Works plugins require Java 1.5 or later, which is not installed on this computer. Download it from http://www.java.com (error 1)

I have verified that Java is actually installed.   In fact,  Java 7 and Java 6 are installed.

I went ahead and updated Java 7 to the latest version and disabled Java 6 with no change in behavior.  

I disabled Java 7 and enabled Java 6....no change in behavior.

I tried logging in as a different user, reinstalling FileMaker 12,  restarting the computer.  No change.

I tried a fresh copy of the plugin.   No change.

I then tried FTPeek v1.632.  No change.

I then tried FTPeek v1.54.  VOILA!   It loads and runs just fine.  

I wasn't able to test it with any other versions of FTPeek as I don't have them in my arsenal.

Here are the pertinent facts that I gathered:

1) The client site has a mix of Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 workstations.   The only workstations that had this trouble were the Windows XP SP3 workstations.  Windows 7 workstations were just fine.

2) FTPeek v1.632 and v1.633 both exhibited the problems in Windows XP SP3 workstations and were fine on the Windows 7 workstations.

3) FTPeek v1.54 worked just fine on both Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 workstations.

4) I also have a plugin that was created with ScriptMaster in use at this site.   FTPeek loads first.  When FTPeek v1.632 and v1.633 failed to load,  the other plugin failed to load.    However,  when FTPeek v1.54 successfully loaded the other plugin loads just fine.   So, the load failure seems to kill the ability for any other java based or maybe just 360works based plug-ins to load.

5) I tested it on a Windows XP workstation with both FileMaker Pro 11 and FileMaker Pro 12 with the same results.

I have attached the Log files generated.    360Plugins_FMPro.zip

Anyone else have this issue?  Anyone have a solution?   I'd like to stay current on versions of plug-ins, but have reverted back to v1.54 so that the client can't use my app.

Hi Matt,

This is actually a known issue, and we are finalizing the fix today and posting it to www.360works.com for all of our Windows plug-ins.

What's happening is the Java Virtual Machine (where we run our code) is failing at creation because there isn't enough free memory. Windows XP in particular doesn't have a large amount of actual memory, and the free memory it does have is fragmented. So when the JVM tries to reserve memory space for itself, there isn't a large enough "chunk" for it to use and it fails. Then a poor error message on our part assumes you don't have Java because the plug-in can't find the JVM. 

I can send you a dev build of the FTPeek plug-in (it's still a dev version since it's not officially released), or you can wait until tomorrow when the updates will be pushed to the website. Send me an email if you'd like to receive the plug-in early! Thanks!

Hi Joe -

No need to send me pre-release dev version since you are close to a fix.   I was able to get the client happy using the earlier version of the plug-in.

Will this new release also address the issue where your plug-ins, including those created using ScriptMaster, do not return a version number when using the new Get(InstalledFMPlugins) function in FileMaker 12?

I talked to someone at 360Works via phone a couple of months ago there about it and was told that they were aware of the problem and were working on it, but haven't seen anything since.

Hi Matt,

I thought we had fixed that issue with a previous release, but after the update tonight that fix should be included for all of our plug-ins if it was not before.

Have you tried using Get(InstalledFMPlugins) in the past month or so?

I'm now having another problem with the FTPeek plugin at the same site on a Windows 7 64-bit computer.    When the FTPeek loads it prevents the other plugin that we created with ScriptMaster from loading and completely closes down FileMaker.

Hi Matt,

I'm sorry we haven't updated the site yet. We just ran into a huge conflict with Java 7u25 that we have been focusing on getting resolved. We will have a fix out later today for the Java 7u25 issue, and that fix will also contain the Windows XP fix for FTPeek. Thanks for your patience sir.

This topic is 3970 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.