Connections to IMAP with ssl fails

This topic is 3956 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a exchange-server using IMAP with:

EmailConnectIMAP ( "exchange.server:993" ; "user" ; "*****"  ; "ssl=1"  ) and the connection fails with this error:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

how do I solve this .... regular emailclients connect to this server without any trouble (same account-settings), so I'm pretty sure I should solve this on the Filemaker-/Plugin-side .... only I don't know how.

regards, Menno

What are regular email clients? Outlook? This will always connect to Exchange using Exchange. Can you connect to Outlook Web Access with the same credentials through a browser? This is more of a level playing field for testing. http://yourmailserveraddress/owa

Try making an account using Mozilla Thunderbird and IMAP and see if you have the same issue - after trying Outlook Web Access of course. If you can't get in, check the user has the right permissions set on the server. This isn't always a default allowed thing as I've found out with a few SBS setups.

Outlook, Thunderbird, AppleMail are the regular client that I have used to test this and where it all worked fine as did webaccess, so the credentials where OK and still the emailplugin didn't connect. For the internal network (where this is running) the users now may connect without SSL and that works OK now.

This topic is 3956 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.