"Log in using" Account Change via Script Step?

This topic is 3953 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I have a password protected-database. I currently have the file options set to "Log in using" the Guest Account privileges set to the single FileMaker file. (To toggle this, I can have users hold down the option key (mac) or shift key (windows) to override this and enter an Account Name and Password that has been authorized.

However, what I want to do is have it to where a user can enter in their account name and password just ONCE, and then it will save this information, to grant them access to the FileMaker database. For example, maybe a script step that triggers an edit to the file option of "Log in using" and instead of the guest account (default) it will make a new default setting to their pre-authorized Account Name & password.

Is this possible?

If not, is there a way to have users enter an Account Name and Password only ONCE and have it pre-saved? I know on the Mac this can be saved to the keychain, but this is a cross-platform solution.

I also don't have any unique logins, but instead just have one account with "Authorized User" and a password, that is given to multiple individuals.

Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.

This topic is 3953 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.