Load Scribe Plugin script spontaneously stopped responding today.

This topic is 3936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was running version 1.4 of Scribe for quite a while without issue.  Last night I got a notice for a new critical update for Office, so I installed it.  Today, my database does not want to run my normal load plugins script, returning 'Ignored' for the GetPluginStatus function.

I tried updating to 1.401; this did not seem to help.

I had an OS X update sitting around, I installed this, and after that suddenly after that the Scribe update worked again...

...until I got home and tried to fire up my database again, and am once more getting the 'Ignored' value for the GetPluginStatus function.

I suspected the Office update broke things, then I suspected the OS X update fixed things, but I'm not sure either of those correlations have any causation associated with them now since the problem returned.  For now I've disabled the portion of scripting in my startup that checks this plugin, but this is only a temporary fix.  Is anyone else having sudden issues with loading this plugin from a script?  What things should I try to make this problem go away?

Hello,

Can you send in your log file for this error? You can do this by going to FileMaker Preferences --> Plug-Ins tab and clicking Configure. Then click the "Report a bug" button and give a description of the problem. Be sure to recreate the error in FileMaker before sending the log because it is overwritten each time FileMaker is started.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry it took me a long time to get back to you.  I found that Scribe was still actually working, I just needed to keep the plugin check in my startup script disabled, and I had other priorities to tend to at the time.  Now that I've returned to this, I have re-enabled my plugin updating routine...and found it working just fine again?  Huh.

Anyway, thanks for your offer of help.  If this resurfaces, I will be sure to come back here with the log file errrors.

This topic is 3936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.