CSV Export Issue

This topic is 3944 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi.

I've got an issue exporting to CSV file - that occurs both on my Windows and Mac versions of Filemaker.

In short, I am importing a list of Active Directory objects into the table. No problem.

User can then edit some attributes of each item. No problem.

I then run a script to delete records that were not changed in previous step. No problem.

I then add a new record and put text into the fields that will act as the header line for the resulting CSV file. No problem.

I then export to the records to CSV file - so that will be the modified entries + header line. e.g. 3+1.

The problem is that the content is duplicated the amount of times that there are records. So in the example above I have 16 text lines - the main content (which is correct), but duplicated a further 3 times.

If I had modified 5 records, then I would have 6 repeated sets of the data I require - you get the idea.

I cannot see where the duplication is occurring.  Everything else is working fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Even if nobody has a solution, has anybody else seen this problem?

Greg 

Eureka...  or something like that.

I found the problem, and I did you guys no favours by not being clear enough with my problem. I had a second table which was used purely for display purposes, and I was calling the Export process from there. Once I called it from the "native" table it performed fine.

I hope this assists somebody else somehow.

Cheers,

Greg

This topic is 3944 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.