Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Simultaneous user logged in - resgistering /

This topic is 3923 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi people, (I'm new to filemaker in particular)

I'd want to build a database and have it hosted externaly and let as many users as possible access it online.

My question is reading a specification detail about a 100/250[ theorical ] limit of simultaneous users connected at an exact same time:

- Is there a limit for the qty of "registered user" i.e 250 ?

(that is user 251 could not register even when noone is connected)

or will I be able to let  some10.000+ users register a new account and my database will be accessible as long as there is only 250 connected at a particular moment ?

*Note I am not too concerned about this 250 numbers in itself since I believe it's high enuff for my present need.

I am more concerned about any possible FM built-in restriction policy.

Has anyone here experimented this over 100/250 qty of users logged in (or accessing a particular file) at the same time ?

Thanks for your sharing your own experience here,

Eric  :laugh2:

Filemaker server 12 advanced has unlimited user in theory. however at the end of the day and the data these users need to pull and the server specs, connection speed , etc.. really determines how many users.  PS. my db is massive and we have 45 users, the only time we see any noticeable speed difference is  on Fridays at noon when everyone's virus scanner starts running all at once.  the network traffic become too much.. we are switching to an all fiber network to relive this problem.

NOTE: if you are going to use a internet service to host your db.  you may want to do the programming in php and use that as your front end if you want more than a handful of people to access it.

This topic is 3923 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.