Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Import into Mounted SQL Server Table, from Server Advanced

This topic is 3902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Running FM 12.4 Client & Server Advanced.  Server is Windows 2008.  SQL Server is 2005.  Running Client & Server on a Virtual Machine.

I mounted a SQL Server Table, to consolidate Marketing Data.  We have this running in FM.  Wanted to keep the data in SQL Server, for various reasons.

I am Importing the data from 5 FileMaker Tables into the SQL Server Table.  Other than it being a complete dog for perfomance (both in FM & SQL Server), it works well when running from the Client.

When I try to run it through a Schedule on the Server, I get Error 100 on the Import.  Assume that means "File Not Found".

It appears to find the FM Files fine, as I run a Find Script without errors.  The Import, though, is getting Error 100.  Assuming it is having problems finding the SQL Table.

ODBC Driver is loaded on the Server.  Has to be for the Client mount SQL Server properly.  ODBC Driver is installed as a System DSN.

Schedule is using FM Permissions, which have Admin Permissions.

Rather much at a loss on this one.

I should have searched more...

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/64713-server-side-imports-and-exports/

Did not know Server had an issue with Imports.  Version 12 & we still cannot import FM File-To-File?

I hate to move all the data to SQL Server, but if Server is not that important, I guess we can go that way.

Admin: This post should probably be moved to Import/Export...or just deleted.

This topic is 3902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.