Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Trouble Registering FTPeek via Startup Script

This topic is 3893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm having trouble registering the FTPeek plugin via a startup script. The database is on a FileMaker 11 server, startup script will run an autoupdate script to check for and install the plugin. Then run the register function to register the plugin. Register will succeed and return a 1, however when I check the license with FTPeek_LicenseInfo it says it is "unlicensed"

If I manually register the client plugin on the end user workstation, it's fine. Even if I delete the license info in the configure plugin in the client after that, and it goes back to demo mode, the startup scrip will correctly register the plugin. On the clients that don't work, if you look at the plugin on the client it will say "you must have a network connection to use this software for the first time".

• Newbies

Further investigation has me believing this is the proxy or maybe firewall preventing this. The plugin was registered on my laptop while I was at home and off the work network. Seems that created a local license. Other machines at work can not connect it seems to a license server to create a local license. Is there a work around to this? Is there a server name (I can't seem to find one in the logs) that I can have the network team unblock or add to a white list on the proxy (assuming here). Or is there an "offline" version of the plugin I can get that doesn't have this check? I've tried multiple clients, so it's not a OS or Java issue, it's network.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 3893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.