Help with conditional pop-up menu

dodger

This topic is 3922 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi folks,

I'm a filemaker newbie doing my best to develop a personal rental property management database.  I have quite a good understanding how conditional pop-up menu menus work after watching several tutorials online.  However I'm unable to figure out the task at hand.

I'm looking to the following.

In the tenants layout I choose an apartment number (via a pop-up menu through the relationship with the apartments table) that the tenant wishes to rent.  Once that apartment is considered "rented" I would like that apartment taken off the conditional pop-up menu.

Any help/clues would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

I have quite a good understanding how conditional pop-up menu menus work after watching several tutorials online.

:thumbsup:

You can exclude an occupied apartment for rentals within an overlapping time period, but then the popup display doesn't work anymore, because the new entry invalidates its own lookup. You could either use portals or a drop-down menu with a little trick. See attached file.

In the tenants layout I choose an apartment number (via a pop-up menu through the relationship with the apartments table) that the tenant wishes to rent. 

If will of course be helpful if you employ a relational structure for your relationship between tenants and apartments …

EDIT: Modified file with correct CF!

RentPeriods_eos.fmp12.zip

This topic is 3922 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.