Secure server

Fog

This topic is 7598 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are using Filemaker5 Unlimited currently as a web server along with Filemaker5 Pro Server as a site for our databases. Both computers are Macs. We are using Home Page 3.0 for Web interaction. How do we make our Web server site secure? This would be the first step to taking payments over the Web. I'm new at this, please help.

This topic is 7598 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By OSXS
      Hello all:
      Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I haven't found an answer to the problem so far. Here it is:
      I have a db created in FMP 5, and its shared as Entry Only in the Web Companion. In IE 5 and 4 on Mac and Win, the Entry Only layout works. On Netscape (Mac, Win I haven't tried yet) I get a short attempt to build the Entry Only layout, wich terminates prematurely, and then builds a List View layout, which allows full manipulation of the data. This is exactly what I don't want!! I need a 'data drop box' without further access to data for web users. The described problem occurs when connecting to FMPro Unlimited directly, or when connecting via FMWSC on OSXS.
      Any hints would be highly appreciated!
      Cheers, and look out for OSX! It's sleek and fast!
      OSXS
    • By kwebb
      I am unable to create ODBC DSN entry for a FM database. The FM drivers appear in the list; however, I am unable to create a System DSN or User DSN. I am able to create a File DSN; however, this setup is much slower than User DSN and even slower than System DSN.
      Has anyone else encountered this problem before? I get the following message, "The Setup routines for FileMaker Pro ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126."
      Then the next error displays, "Could not load the setup or translator library."
      Can anyone help me out?
      ------------------
      Thanks,
      Kevin
      Yahoo! Messenger: prof_bunsen
    • By JeffHumphrey
      I want to set up 2 website's with a single PC. I'm not sure what Operating System I need nor how to configure the OS to manage 2 unique IP's. Can I use Windows 95 or will I need windows NT server? Thanks for the help....
      Quo._to_Inv.zip
    • By MBA
      We are currently evaluating FileMaker Pro Unlimited for use within our company, and have found very few resources available other than marketing info. I have not been able to find any tools or utilities that would allow printing of various defined layouts from within the browser. Is the browser's print command the only method of printing from within the browser?
      Assistance would be much apprecitated.
    • By MaxPain
      Im just wondering if it is possible to keep text formatation on when listing out a field from filemaker on to the web.
      If I wanted to have sections with section headings that are in bold and the rest of the text not bolded, and also different size on the headings, can that be done, if so, what is the command for doing it?`
      listing out with ,break, html, raw etc didnt work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.