Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Search external database for individual address match.

This topic is 3841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In Filemaker 12, I have two databases. One with all records and another with mailing addresses and dates when mailed.

When in a particular record (in the primary database), I'm looking to have a button that looks in the second database(the mailing database) for any records that match. If a match is found, I'd like the date mailed imorted into the primary database, into a text field (date mailed). This will tell me if it has been mailed to and when. My scripting capabilities are not up to par for this project.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hmmm...define relationship...................ok..........................That would then afford me a filed to be auto populated should there be an address match?

If so......it would need to copy (show) the mail date in an appropriate field? If so.....how would this be accomplished?

You would just put the mail date field from the mailing database on the layout of the primary database. This is assuming each primary record will have at most one related record in the mailing database - otherwise you'd be using a portal to show them, or a calculation field to show the most recent date or ... (more options follow here).

That would work.........this is the first time I'd be using that avenue to display information ( put the mail date field from the mailing database on the layout of the primary database.) It sounds like that will do the trick, as the field contains many mail dates. I'll give it a shot tonight and read up on the procedure.....thank you VERY much......

This topic is 3841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.