Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help needed formatting a chart

flutegirl

This topic is 3826 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, all.

I am attempting to make a layout in Filemaker that will be a dashboard report of sorts, comparing one time period's sales to a previous time period (user definable).  I have been able to gather the necessary information and display it as text on the layout with no problem.

However, what I also want to do is to create a few charts on the page which will display the relationship for a single criteria across the two time periods, but I want to have 4 or 5 of these charts on the page.

The problem I'm having isn't creating the chart, it's the fact that I can't seem to format the chart - no matter what I do, I end up with a chart that has a ton of white space around it and the Y-axis values are displayed on both sides of the chart.  This is leaving the actual columns that are displaying the data as a rather small graphic in the midst of a lot of white.

Is there any way to have more control over the way the chart is displayed in Filemaker? My Google-fu is weak today, and I have not been able to find anything of assistance when I have looked.

I've attached two snapshots - one of what I've been able to make in Filemaker, and one that is more of what I'm looking for, but created in Excel.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-68452-0-60267100-1383769962_thumb.p

post-68452-0-30981000-1383769986_thumb.p

This topic is 3826 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.