Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't run jar

This topic is 3819 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've purchased the FM server edition but to test just want to run it on my system which has FM Pro (11). I've extracted the zip to a folder of mine, tried to run the SuperContainerServer.jar but it says "Logging directory is not writable, please verify that the Files folder is in a folder SuperContainer can write to." Doesn't matter if I'm logged on as an admin.

You said it doesn't matter if you're logged on as admin, but even if you are logged on as admin the default privileges used to run applications does not include admin privileges. To do that you need to right-click the file and select "Run as Administrator".

This is assuming you are running Windows with Vista or newer with default UAC setting. If this doesn't help, please update your profile to list your platform.

Hello,

The error you're seeing is because SuperContainer is unable to create the log file it needs on startup. Most likely this is a permissions issue, so choosing to "Run as Administrator" should resolve the issue since the Administrator account should have read/write privileges for the default directory where SuperContainer is attempting to create the log file.

If that does not work, you can also do the following:

* Manually create a "SuperContainer" folder

* Manually create a "Files" folder within the "SuperContainer" folder

* Start up SuperContainer in standalone mode by double-clicking the SuperContainerServer.jar file

* After receiving the error message, go into "Options" and specify the "Files directory" location to be INSIDE of the "Files" folder you manually created

That should resolve the issue. Feel free to contact our support team at [email protected] if you still experience the same error message after trying the above steps.

This topic is 3819 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.