Server Maintenance This Week. ×

footer/summary

This topic is 8656 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This may seem like a stupid question, but what is the difference between a footer and a trailing summary. I am trying to create a summary that (a) has the page numbers at the bottom of each page (I used a footer for this) and (: has the totals etc at the end of the report no matter what the number of pages. So far I have placed the totals in my footer but this would place the totals at the bottom of each page woulnd't it? Which would I put first? Footer or Summary? Thanks for clearing up a dumb question...

quote:

Originally posted by richshone:

This may seem like a stupid question, but what is the difference between a footer and a trailing summary. I am trying to create a summary that (a) has the page numbers at the bottom of each page (I used a footer for this) and (: has the totals etc at the end of the report no matter what the number of pages. So far I have placed the totals in my footer but this would place the totals at the bottom of each page woulnd't it? Which would I put first? Footer or Summary? Thanks for clearing up a dumb question...

Footer is a page footer, it appears on the bottom of every page. The Trailing Grand Summary appears after all of the records, which will be on the last page, but could be anywhere on the page.

You can only put the footer on the bottom and you can only put the TGS immediately above it. You have no other choices. Put you summary/total fields in the TGS.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.database-resources.com

mailto:[email protected]

quote:

Originally posted by richshone:

After doing what you suggested, I remembered that I had tried this before and why I didn't like the way it looked. Namely that doing this puts the summary at the bottom of the records entered and not at the bottom of the page where I would like it to go.Is there not a command that forces a TGS to go at the bottom of the page and leaves the extra space above it if there is any? This would seem to be a sensible thing to allow for. Thx

Not possibel to do this with the TGS, use GetSummary calcs and put them in a Title Footer part. This will only go on the bottom of the last page.

------------------

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.database-resources.com

mailto:[email protected]

After doing what you suggested, I remembered that I had tried this before and why I didn't like the way it looked. Namely that doing this puts the summary at the bottom of the records entered and not at the bottom of the page where I would like it to go.Is there not a command that forces a TGS to go at the bottom of the page and leaves the extra space above it if there is any? This would seem to be a sensible thing to allow for. Thx

This topic is 8656 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.